Saturday 15 December 2012

Beautiful Bosnia in Pictures

Enlarge this map and start utilising it to map a
'rough' route out for when you eventually come!
(Source: AboutRomania.com)
It was only really this evening that it dawned on me that my time in this magnificent country is coming to a close very soon - and with that, a strong sense of sadness came across me.

There's a multitude of reasons why this depresses me - the people I will have to say goodbye to, mostly - but another one that stood out is the feeling that I have not seen as much of this nation as I wish I had.

There are, undoubtedly, so many beautiful locations and places in Bosnia-Herzegovina that just have to be seen while you're alive.

Although I am really disappointed that I did not see many of these places whilst here - I know it is just one more reason why I must return to these shores as soon as possible.

So, join me here as I post some of the most amazing pictures of what is known as the 'Heart-Shaped Land' - Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Enjoy.

PS. These pictures making you salivate? Hajde, my friend. Come visit here! What are you waiting for!? Check the BHtourism website for more information.


MOSTAR


(Source: BHtourism.ba)

BIHAC

(Source: BHtourism.ba)

SARAJEVO


(Source: web.sabanciuniv.edu)

TRAVNIK


(Source: VisitSarajevo.ba)

SANSKI MOST


(Source: BHtourism.ba)

BANJA LUKA

(Source: HostelBanjaLuka.com)

VLASIC

(Source: BHtourism.ba)

ZENICA


(Source: Advokati.ba)

NEUM


(Source: Visit-Sarajevo.com)

NERETVA RIVER


(Source: BHtourism.ba)

JAJCE

(Source: Jurtarnji.hr)

VISEGRAD

(Source: Karl-Gotsch.de)

TESANJ

(Source: VisitMyCountry.net)

GORAZDE

(Source: BHtourism.ba)

KONJIC


(Source: VisitMyCountry.net)

TREBINJE

(Source: Wikimedia.org)

I won't go as far to say, 'So where the bloody hell are you?' as Lara Bingle infamously did back in '06, but seriously guys and girls, what on earth are you waiting for?

Believe me when I say that there are so many hidden gems which I have not had the resources or time at hand to show you in this simple post.

Come and see with your own eyes - it will be worth it.

As they say locally, "BUJRUM!"

No comments:

Post a Comment