Saturday 24 November 2012

Song of the Day: Dino Merlin

Edin Dervishalidovic, stage name Dino Merlin, is a prominent Bosnian singer-songwriter, musician and producer. Merlin has been active in the music industry since 1983, with some of the feats throughout his career including representing Bosnia-Herzegovina at the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest (finishing 6th), as well as writing the song used as the first national anthem of BiH titled Jedna si jedina!

Here he is with one of his most popular songs - and my personal favourite - Da Sutis:



English translation:
tell everyone I'm here
let them see, let them hear
what my body feels
like a new power/current
blind for my yearning
only tonight don't be like that
I know you can do much better
of course I know that


it's good in life when
you fight for something
you create with your hands
it's good in life when
you love someone, that loves you
it's good in life when
someone portends you, you portend them
but it's best in life when
you have someone with whom
you can be quiet like this
you can't cheat the calendar
my age (time period) and your body
they don't even go with your years
these crow's feet and white (grey) hair
close my eyes (lids)
with sealed lips in one
I long ago did not know where
loved ones go when they leave

No comments:

Post a Comment