Monday 8 October 2012

The Cafe - Bosnia's Future (Al Jazeera)

Over the weekend, I had the fantastic opportunity to catch up with another 'Aussie in Bosnia' (yep, there's more of us!) by the name of Dimitri.
Sitting down for a coffee in central Sarajevo - at a cafe I have regularly visited - Dimitri recognised the coffee bar as the scene of a very interesting discussion which took place last year for a documentary shot by the Al Jazeera network.

Upon my request, Dimitri forwarded the link to me (thanks, mate) - and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the 47-minute-long interview last night.

If you are interested in learning about the current, and extremely complicated, issues which are effecting Bosnia and Herzegovina in this current period, this documentary is well worth a watch.

For myself, it showcases a fascinating array of opinions; but, still, leaves me wondering what is 'the' solution to improve the quality of life in Bosnia, and how to foster better relations between the three major ethnic populations in this complex nation.

Check it out:



PS. It is worth noting that Al Jazeera filmed a follow-up to this discussion by interviewing a number of Bosnian youths to gauge their personal opinions on the current situation in the country.
Although I, myself, have yet to watch that particular episode, you can have a look by clicking on this link here:

The Cafe: Young and disillusioned in Sarajevo [YOUTUBE].

1 comment:

  1. What's the name of the cafe where they filmed this?

    ReplyDelete